Everyone knows dental floss, and many people have been using it, but have you used dental floss correctly? Today I will tell you the correct way to use dental floss.
What is dental floss?
Dental floss is made of cotton, hemp, silk, nylon or polyester. It is used to remove food residues, soft dirt and dental plaque on the adjacent surface of the teeth, clean the tooth surface and remove the embedded food. The correct use of dental floss can not only effectively keep the adjacent surface of teeth clean, but also effectively remove the food residue embedded in the adjacent surface, and will not damage the gums. Combined with brushing teeth, it can well keep the oral cavity clean. Dental floss has become an indispensable necessity for people to travel at home in developed countries.
Why use dental floss?
Just as there are always some dead corners that can't be swept when cleaning the room, there are also places that can't be cleared when brushing your teeth. Scientific research has confirmed that thorough and effective brushing can only remove about 70% of dental plaque. Our teeth have five faces, but conventional brushing can only clean three faces, so the plaque, tartar and food residue hidden in the adjacent space of the teeth can not be cleaned in time, which is easy to cause adjacent tooth decay and tooth stone deposition, leading to gingival inflammation. Dental floss can be competent as a "scavenger" to keep the adjacent surfaces of teeth clean.
What are the benefits of using dental floss?
The purpose of preventing or reducing dental disease can be achieved by massaging gums and increasing local blood circulation.
How to use dental floss correctly?
Dental floss is the most healthy and effective tool to clean the gap between teeth, the adjacent surface of teeth and food impaction, but many people can't use it or use it improperly, and it will cause gum damage, tooth loosening and other adverse consequences. So let's learn the right way to floss.
- Take a section of floss about 25-30 cm long, which is equivalent to the length of adult forearm.
- Wrap the middle fingers of both hands and tighten them. Floss with thumb and forefinger pulp.
- Put the floss between the two teeth, gently apply pressure to the gum, pull the floss left and right, and make the floss slide smoothly into the tooth space. Do not use violence to press floss into the tooth space! Violence can cause damage to gums and dental papilla.
- After the floss enters the tooth space, press the floss in and out of the mouth respectively, pull the floss left and right, and gently clean the adjacent surfaces of the front and rear teeth up and down. Then pull the floss out to the occlusal surface. Repeat the above steps until each adjacent tooth surface is cleaned.
- After all teeth are cleaned, pull the floss out slowly.
What’s the best time to use dental floss?
It is best to floss after meals every day. You can floss when you have a rest after meals for about ten minutes; Generally, it is more effective to apply it after dinner and before brushing, because it can better protect the teeth with the active ingredients of toothpaste.
What are the precautions for using dental floss?
- When inserting dental floss, do not be too fierce. It should be introduced slowly by sawing to avoid damaging gingival papilla.
- Each time, wrap some floss on one side to the other, and always remove plaque on the adjacent surface of the teeth with clean tooth segments.
- Before flossing, it is best to rinse your mouth with clean water to remove the food residue left in your mouth. After flossing, rinse your mouth in time to remove the plaque and food residue left in your mouth after picking your teeth.
If you are looking for a professional wholesale high quality box packed dental floss supplier, manufacturer, factory.
We hope be your first choice, plz feel free to contact us.